Investing in the future of our youth
Bury College aims to provide all of our students with the best start to their career. By taking part in work experience they can gain a real insight into the career of their choice.
It helps them to learn about a particular occupation, gain valuable personal skills such as independence and team work, and to understand the expectations of employers.
As an employer, not only do you have the opportunity to help shape the future workforce but your business can also benefit through providing placements.
Benefits to your business could include:
- Raise the profile of your career opportunities
- Gain fresh ideas and an external perspective from a student
- Increase short-term resources on a project
- Develop the leadership skills of your existing staff
- Meet and trail potential future recruits
- Gain enhanced standing, including fulfilling corporate social responsibility, diversity and Government agendas.
What does it involve?
- An average work experience placement for a college student can last from a few hours to two weeks.
- Your role will involve providing the young person with an introduction to your workplace and a mentor who will be on hand to answer any questions and offer support.
- Tasks and a plan of work will give the young person an insight into the workplace. This may involve the individual working on a small project or helping with tasks that will improve their skills.
We’d like to hear from you
We would like to discuss work experience opportunities with employers from a wide range of sectors. If you are able to help our students improve and develop their skills for the workplace please contact the Bury College Work Placement Co-ordinator on the details below.
Or contact Bury College Work Experience Placement Co-ordinator:
0161 280 8430