Plumbing Level 2
Plumbing Level 2
Initial assessment and diagnostic testing on English and maths will take place prior to commencement of apprenticeship
Plumbing Level 3
The Plumbing Apprenticeship offers a qualification that will equip your staff with the skills and knowledge required when working in a job role which focuses on plumbing.
During the apprenticeship, your employee will gain the skills and knowledge to have the confidence to work with everything from domestic boilers to advanced welding techniques and computerised control systems and from installing sanitation systems and servicing boilers to laying underground drainage pipes.
The Plumbing apprenticeship is made up of the following elements: Mandatory units include:
- Understand and carry out safe working practices in building services engineering
- Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance
- Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
- Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
- Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environment
- Increase profitability and productivity. Skilled and motivated apprentices can improve your company’s efficiency and profitability as they increase their expertise in their role. Your employee will need a broad range of skills to work efficiently and to help increase business productivity and profitability.
- Gain competitive advantage. You gain advantage over your competitors through planned development of your workforce.
- Generate new ideas. Apprentices can bring new ideas and innovation to your business as well as an energy and enthusiasm to the workplace.
- Offer flexibility. Apprentice training is flexible, primarily delivered in the workplace, and offers minimal disruption to your business. The course has a degree of flexibility to enable the apprentice and business to choose the options to meet the demands of the organisation in technical and practical skills.
- Motivate your workforce. Offering training to employees can ensure staff feel valued and motivated as the organisation has invested in their careers and supported their progression. This can help to improve your workforce retention and staff loyalty.
- Skilled staff. This apprenticeship will enable your employees to learn, develop and practise the skills and systems within your organisation required for career progression whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
- Corporate social responsibility. Businesses have a social, environmental and ethical responsibility to the communities they serve. Hiring an apprentice is a cost effective and socially responsible business move which provides you with the opportunity to discover and nurture new talent.
Bury College apprenticeships are work based training programmes which are carried out in the workplace. 20% of your apprentice’s time will be dedicated to off the job training which equates to one and a half hours a day or one full day a week. Off the job activities can include:
- Apprenticeship training
- Observing colleagues
- Receiving mentoring
- Teaching or learning the theory related to their roles
Functional Skills are a vital part of an apprenticeship. Functional Skills provides the essential knowledge, skills and understanding needed to operate confidently, effectively and independently. These are available at Level 1 and Level 2 and the level your employee will work towards will depend on the previous qualifications they have achieved, the results of an assessment prior to their apprenticeship and the requirements of the apprenticeship they are completing.
If your employee has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths they must study for and take the tests for Level 2 English and maths and achieve Level 1 English and maths for the Level 2 Apprenticeship.
As well as college attendance, a Bury College assessor will visit your employee on a regular basis and support them with developing their electronic portfolio which is used as evidence for their end point assessment. During these meetings observations, question and answer sessions and reviews will take place.
For further information please call: 0161 280 8650
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please click here to go to our enquiry page.