Customer Service Level 2
Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service (including a Level 2 Certificate in Customer Service)
Initial assessment and diagnostic testing on English and maths will take place prior to commencement of apprenticeship
Customer Service Specialist Level 3
This Level 2 apprenticeship is designed for those who are starting out in a customer facing role and has been designed to provide the essential understanding, skills and handling of different scenarios.
This apprenticeship equips your staff to provide and deliver high quality products and services to your customers. During the programme your employee will develop the skills and knowledge to deal with orders, payments, offer advice, guidance and support, meet-and-greet, sales, fix problems, after care, service recovery or gaining insight through measuring customer satisfaction.
The customer service practitioner apprenticeship covers the following criteria:
- Improvement of knowledge – knowing your customer, products, service and business. Awareness of the different regulations. Understanding the customer experience and how your role impacts on this experience. The systems and resources that support the customer service delivery.
- Development of Skills – Development of interpersonal skills, communication, organisational skills, problem solving and conflict and how your skills influence the customers’ perception.
- Enhancing your behaviour and attitudes – Developing self-reflective skills and goal setting. The course will involve attendance at college at set dates throughout the apprenticeship to further enhance the knowledge and skills of your staff.
- Increase profitability and productivity. Skilled and motivated apprentices can improve your company’s efficiency and profitability as they increase their expertise in their role. Your employee will need a broad range of skills to work efficiently and to help increase business productivity and profitability.
- Gain competitive advantage. You gain advantage over your competitors through planned development of your workforce.
- Generate new ideas. Apprentices can bring new ideas and innovation to your business as well as an energy and enthusiasm to the workplace.
- Offer flexibility. Apprentice training is flexible, primarily delivered in the workplace, and offers minimal disruption to your business. The course has a degree of flexibility to enable the apprentice and business to choose the options to meet the demands of the organisation in technical and practical skills.
- Motivate your workforce. Offering training to employees can ensure staff feel valued and motivated as the organisation has invested in their careers and supported their progression. This can help to improve your workforce retention and staff loyalty.
- Skilled staff. This apprenticeship will enable your employees to learn, develop and practise the skills and systems within your organisation required for career progression whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification.
- Corporate social responsibility. Businesses have a social, environmental and ethical responsibility to the communities they serve. Hiring an apprentice is a cost effective and socially responsible business move which provides you with the opportunity to discover and nurture new talent.
Bury College apprenticeships are work based training programmes which are carried out in the workplace. 20% of your apprentice’s time will be dedicated to off the job training which equates to one and a half hours a day or one full day a week. Off the job activities can include:
- Apprenticeship training
- Observing colleagues
- Receiving mentoring
- Teaching or learning the theory related to their roles
Functional Skills are a vital part of an apprenticeship. Functional Skills provides the essential knowledge, skills and understanding needed to operate confidently, effectively and independently. These are available at Level 1 and Level 2 and the level your employee will work towards will depend on the previous qualifications they have achieved, the results of an assessment prior to their apprenticeship and the requirements of the apprenticeship they are completing.
If your employee has not already achieved Level 2 English and maths they must study for and take the tests for Level 2 English and maths and achieve Level 1 English and maths for the Level 2 Apprenticeship.
As well as college attendance, a Bury College assessor will visit your employee on a regular basis and support them with developing their electronic portfolio which is used as evidence for their end point assessment. During these meetings observations, question and answer sessions and reviews will take place.
For further information please call: 0161 280 8650
or email: email@example.com
Alternatively please click here to go to our enquiry page.