Apprentice Laboratory Facility Co-ordinator (x2)
||Our Laboratory provides GLP, GCP, and cGMP compliant analytical services to clients involved in the development and manufacture of pharmaceuticals and biopharmaceuticals.
||£182.69 - £288.46 per week (depending on qualifiations and age)
||Hours Of Work
||37.5 hours per week (with 30 min lunch break)
||Laboratory Technician Level 3
Based permanently in the Facilities Management team (IFM), currently comprising 10 members, the role holder will assist with delivery of a comprehensive support service to the laboratory’s analytical teams. Central to this objective is the controlled storage management of samples and reference standards. Other functions will include the regular checking of laboratory equipment. In addition, the team also works closely with IT Compliance, providing IT services to ensure all activities meet regulatory and business requirements.
Role and Responsibilities
To learn and perform routine Facility Management skills within a laboratory setting.
Under the direction and close supervision of IFM staff:
- Ensure incoming samples are unpacked and handled safely, examined, correctly logged in on Study Manager, stored as directed and in line with IPSM procedures, and that the relevant Delivery Teams are notified promptly and documentation completed fully.
- Ensure incoming consumables and reagents are unpacked and handled safely, examined, correctly logged, stored as directed and in line with IPSM procedures, and that the relevant analysts are notified promptly and delivery notes passed to the Operational Administration Team.
- Dispense and receive samples to and from analysts.
- Assist with sample and material disposals.
- Respond to alarm incidents generated by environmental storage units monitoring systems.
- Carry out routine performance checks, scheduled preventative maintenance and log book reviews of laboratory equipment such as balances, fume hoods, reagent fridges, pipettes, high purity water units.
- Carry out all work safely and be aware of chemical and handling hazards. Report any issue to the supervisor/Laboratory Safety Officer.
- Contribute to general laboratory housekeeping under the supervision of the supervisor/Laboratory Safety Officer to maintain the lab and equipment in a safe and orderly state.
- Archiving of instrument and other data in line with IPSM procedures and regulatory requirements.
- All activities to be documented, as required, in a timely and complete manner.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- General Scientific, English & Mathematics background to at least GCSE Level A – C/4+ essential
- IT Literate with a thorough working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Methodical and organised.
- Organised with good time management skills.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, laboratory performance standards, handling chemicals, COSHH.
- Communication: written, spoken, liaising, e.g. accurate recording of data to quality procedures (GLP, GMP, GCP etc.).
- Basic understanding of IPSM services and business areas.
- Ability to follow established procedures (SOPs) and instructions.
- Knowledge and application of appropriate systems and procedures relevant to scientific method.
- Results oriented.
- An interest in Science.
- Interested in personal development.
- Maintenance of confidentiality.
- Team worker.
- Ability to prioritise competing workload demands on own initiative.
- Motivated and ambitious.
- Dedication to delivering excellent customer service.
Possible permanent position.