M02elms Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator
||We are a friendly but busy practice in the centre of Whitefield with a wide range of clients. Our dedicated team are here to treat those minor ailments that occur as well as providing specialist management of long-term conditions and clinics covering a wide range of healthcare issues.
||£4.50 per hour £168.75 per week
||Hours Of Work
||37.5 hours per week Shifts between 8.00am & 6.30pm Monday to Friday
||Business Administration Level 2 plus Functional Skills if applicable
We require an enthusiastic person to join our friendly team as a Receptionist/Administrator. The post is full-time, 37.5 hours per week, to be worked on a shift basis over 5 days. We are looking for someone who can work under pressure to a high standard, is flexible and reliable with excellent communication skills. We are ready to help our new Apprentice to be fully trained in all areas.
Role and Responsibilities
- To offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
- Opening up / locking up
- Maintaining & monitoring the practice Appointment System
- Processing personal & telephone requests for appointments, home visits and telephone consultations and ensuring callers are directed to the appropriate healthcare professional
- Processing & distributing incoming and outgoing mail
- Taking messages & passing on information
- Filing and retrieving paperwork
- Processing repeat prescriptions in accordance with practice guidelines
- Computer data entry/data allocation & collation; processing & recording information in accordance with practice procedures
- Initiating contact with and responding to requests from patients, other team members and associated healthcare agencies and providers
- Providing clerical assistant to practice staff as required from time to time, including Word/Data Processing, filing, photocopying and scanning
- Keeping the reception area, notice boards and leaflet dispensers tidy and free from obstruction & clutter
- Ensure confidentiality and the protection of personal & sensitive data
- To assist in promoting and maintaining their own and others’ health, safety and security as defined in the practice Health & Safety Policy
- The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients, carers and colleagues
- The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the practice as part of this employment.
- The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the practice.
- The post-holder should recognise the importance of effective communication within the team.
- The post-holder will apply practice policies, standards and guidance and participate in audit where appropriate.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
GCSE Grades A-C/4+ (or equivalent) in English & Maths essential
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Positive and friendly manner
- Good communication skills
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship, you may be employed by the organisation.