|Employer Description||Pub and restaurant using fresh, locally sourced ingredients with bi-weekly changing specials.|
|Salary||£4.20 - £5.90 per hour, £168.00 - £236.00 per week||Hours Of Work||40 hours over 5 days : 4 days = 11am - 9.30pm, 1 day = 4.00pm - 9.30pm|
|Position Type||Apprenticeship||Age Range||16+|
|Qualification||Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Standard plus Functional Skills if required|
We are a busy pub and restaurant and are looking for someone who has a passion for food. The successful candidate will work alongside the Head and Sous Chefs to produce fresh, enticing dishes. We will pay the taxi fare home.
Role and Responsibilities
The responsibilities include;
· To learn and understand food preparation techniques
· To know the range of food and beverages available in the restaurant. Understand the key features of the menu items.
· Know how to perform basic food processing tasks such as preparation, cooking and regeneration of food in line with business
· Identify how to follow kitchen procedures to maintain food safety and quality
· Learn to prepare desserts as directed to a high standard
· Maintain excellent standards of hygiene, learn how to use equipment correctly and store food safely.
· Work within the team to cover other areas as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
No formal qualifications required but you must complete Functional Skills if you do not have GCSE grade 4/C or above in English and Maths
Fit and healthy
Excellent time keeping
The successful applicant must be able to work as part of a team and follow instructions, have a passion for food, the ingredients and what we put on a plate. They will need to be punctual and have a good grasp of both hygiene and health and safety procedures.
We are looking for somebody who would like to progress as a chef, and understand that it is not just a job, it is a career. The successful applicant will be someone with staying power and who will be committed to the role.
Alternatively please click here to go to our enquiry page.