BCAfina Apprentice Finance Assistant
||Further Education College offering a wide range of courses to over 5000 full time students and over 5650 part time students each year. The college currently works with over 50 high school partners, welcoming students from Bury and the surrounding areas. In addition to over 900 students progressing to university from Bury College, 200 students choose to study a Higher Level course available at Bury College’s University Centre each year.
||£4.20 - £7.83 per hour - £155.40 - £289.71 per week NMW
||Hours Of Work
||Monday to Friday 8.40 - 5.00 pm 37 hours
||AAT Level 2 plus Functional Skills if required This is a work-based qualification with one day at College (usually Monday, starting in September 2018). Some College attendance may also be required for Functional Skills.
To provide administrative and financial support to the department and in a way which supports the College
to achieve its objectives. Further Education is continually developing and the rate of change is unlikely to
slow down. You must therefore be flexible to take on changing responsibilities.
Role and Responsibilities
- To assist the department with processing payments, set up of suppliers, authorisations and coding including matching of invoices to orders.
- To assist the department by creating new invoices, processing and inputting invoices onto the system and dealing with any anomalies.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- To assist in the processing of journals into the general ledger.
- Printing and scanning invoices to customers.
- To respond to queries relating to the Finance department from staff and suppliers and investigate queries as required.
- Assist in the inputting of sales invoices and chasing outstanding payments due to the college.
- To assist the Income Officer in cashiering duties.
- To prepare and reconcile accruals and prepayments monthly for review.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual reports.
- To distribute Finance reports.
- To undertake standard word-processing, spreadsheet work and database input as required.
- To undertake filing, photocopying, collation of information and other administrative duties on behalf of the Finance department.
- Carry out other such duties as required by the Line Manager within the general scope of the post.
- To be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- To undertake training and professional development to maintain a high level of expertise within the role
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A good general standard of education including GCSE Maths and English Grade A*-C (or equivalent) or Level 2 Literacy and Numeracy is essential.
- A Level Maths qualification (or in a numerate subject) is essential
- Willingness to work towards an AAT Level 2 qualification
Experience/ Knowledge / Skills
- Work experience in a Finance environment is desirable
- Experience of dealing effectively by telephone, email and in person with a
- wide range of people is desirable
- Experience in using IT and software packages including Excel is essential
- Experience in working within a business environment is desirable
- A flexible, hardworking approach to working is essential
- A committed and enthusiastic approach to working is essential
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- To have an interest in working in Finance
- Good organisational skills is essential.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Ability to prioritise workload is essential.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team is essential.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and work within a highly confidential framework
- Good knowledge of using Microsoft Excel is essential
- An understanding of ‘safeguarding’ and its importance within the College, together with a commitment to creating a safe learning/working environment is essential.
This is a fixed term role for 18 months.