BCAbloo Apprentice Commis Chef
||Independent coffee shop serving brunch food based in the centre of Bury
||£4.00 per hour, £120.00 per week
||Hours Of Work
||30 within the rota - Mon – Sat 8.30am – 5.00pm, Sunday 10am - 4pm
||Commis Chef Level 2 plus Functional Skills if required
We require an enthusiastic person to join our team. We are an independent coffee shop designed to provide a unique space in the heart of Bury town centre, serving speciality coffee, tea and a freshly prepared brunch menu. We have created a place for people to gather and enjoy proper coffee and proper food. The Chef is responsible for the standard and quality of the food production and the hygiene within the kitchen, maintaining this to the highest level at all times. The role requires self-motivation, attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to and work with the lead chef
- Ensure meals are produced based on already outlined criteria
- Execute and work alongside the owner and the lead chef in creating an interesting and seasonal menu, through constant development of new menu items and ideas, providing a balanced menu which caters for vegetarians & vegans
- Standardise production recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Act in a professional manner at all times
- Relay any relevant information from suppliers to the owner
- Provide owner with invoices which need paying, in good time
- Maintain cleanliness of the kitchen and always adhere to correct Health & Safety procedures within the workplace
- All kitchen equipment to be properly maintained and used safely - report any faulty equipment to the owner
- Ensure all cleaning schedules, food temperature and fridge temperature records are current and contain information required by food safety regulations with any testing carried out as instructed.
- Ensure the kitchen is clean for the next working day, with any waste taken to the bins
Qualifications and Education Requirements
GCSE Grades A-C (or equivalent) in English & Maths desirable
- Excellent communication
- Good listener and quick learner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent time management
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
Subject to a successful Apprenticeship you may be employed by the organisation.
To apply for this vacancy please complete the enquiry form above and attach your CV, without your CV we cannot process your application. If you do not have a CV please call 0161 272 0496 to make an appointment.
Alternatively please click here to go to our enquiry page.